воскресенье, 29 января 2017 г.

I was so proud of our girl.

Darling, once, I heard how my 11 year old daughter is talking to his girlfriend:

"One thing everyone noticed about your mom, is the way she dressed, for she never wears slacks, ever." said her girlfriend.

"Yes, she thinks they are unfeminine and ungodly. She always wear skirts or dresses with stockings, even in the summer. I'd seen my mom's bare legs just once, when we went on holyday with my dad in Nova Scotia. As she settled herself onto a blanket we'd spread out on the beach, her sun umbrella casting a shade over all exposed skin, I'd caught my father looking at those bare legs with a disapproval. Then I heard my father said to her softly: "My dear, it is unacceptable for the wife of the pastor and virtuous lady to go without stockings Think what example you're setting our children and to others!" I think that's right! From next year, when we were allowed to wear nylons, no one will see me with bare feet! I want to be a virtuous woman like my mother!"

I was so proud of our girl.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий